Our solutions for medical devices and healthcare equipment
Health care providers use medical devices to diagnose and treat patients and improve patients' quality of life by helping them overcome sickness or disease. Due to the inherent risks when using a device for medical purposes regulating governments conduct thorough testing to ensure the safety and effectiveness before allowing the device to be manufactured.
The FDA's definition includes any “instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or another similar or related article, including a component part or accessory” that’s recognised as a pharmaceutical or supplement, intended as diagnoses, cure, or preventive treatment of a disease.
Our broad product portfolio provides solutions for many industries and can be applied in healthcare and lifesaving equipment such as:
- Breathing and respiratory equipment such as ventilators
- Ventilation canopies for operating theatres, aseptic suites & containment labs
- Personal protection and care equipment such as visors and electronically adjustable hospital beds
- Diagnostic imaging equipment such as X-ray and Ultrasound equipment, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines and Computed tomography (CT) scanners.
- Cardiovascular devices such as defibrillators
- Ophthalmic devices that monitor and detect vision issues
The Essentra Components range addresses many issues found in these devices:
- Anti-corrosion stainless steel components for cleanliness and durability
- Castors with non-marking rubber tires, with good resistance to corrosion, rust, chemicals, greases, oils, and chlorides
- Ferrites sleeves used as suppression cores attenuate any form of EMI emission to protect electrical components and prevent interference
- Swing handles and locks provide high strength security and an ergonomic finish
- Gasketing ensures dust and watertight seals to maintain hygiene and to reduce radiated emissions
- Hose & Tubing Clamps for a cost-efficient way of securing pipes and hoses