Making Cable Management Easier - The Buyer's Guide
If cable management solutions play an important role in making your design come to life, our guide is here to help you choose the high-quality, cost-effective components you need.
We offer a wide selection of cable management solutions to cater to your specific requirements: heavy duty cable ties, plastic cable ties, cable tie mounts, slotted cable duct and flexible cable wrap. You can also learn more in our Guide to Cable Clips and How to Protect Cables.
We’re flexible, here to advise you on the best solution for your application, whether it’s off-the-shelf or a design customised to suit your needs. To make sure you get exactly what you require, try before you buy with our free samples on request. Add fast despatch, and we make the entire ordering process hassle free.
Used to organise and reroute cables in data cabinets, control boxes, electronics, automotive, aerospace and security.
Keep important cables grouped together and choose different colours to make each group easy to identify. Being organised reduces wear and tear, which prolongs cable life. Because your cables are organised you can save time and resources when carrying out maintenance and repairs.
Essentra Components offer a vast range of solutions, from twist ties and secure cable ties to the cable tie gun that will help you reduce installation time. You can also learn more in our Guide to Cable Ties.
MATERIAL: Available in materials ranging from stainless steel to polypropylene, with varied heat and UV tolerances
SPECIFICATION: Select your length from a variety of options. Some of our products come in a range of colours. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know.
*Tensile strength is mainly defined by material and width of the product.
- Releasable beaded cable ties
- Designed for easy application and release
- Prevent slipping
- Also available in locking, and as push mount cable ties and screw mount cable ties
- Hook and loop cable ties
- Ideal for fragile cables
- Mate together easily – can be released and refastened
- Reusable cable ties
- Stainless steel cable ties
- Self-locking cable tie
- Strong and durable
- Resistant to extreme temperatures
- Cable tie belt with flexible design
- Quick release cable ties with easy-to-use mechanism
- Ideal for simple bundling of electrical wires
Perfect for data cabinets, electronics, white goods, junction boxes and automotive
Use cable clips, wire clips and cable clamps to route cables around your applications and keep the area organised during your manufacturing and assembly processes. This will ensure your project operates safely and as intended. Essentra offers a wide range of choices, from plastic cable clips and wire cable clamps to cable cleats and electrical wire clips. Find out more in our Guide to Choosing the Right Cable Clamps.
SPECIFICATION: Different locking mechanisms and sizes tailored to the number and type of cables being routed
- Adhesive wire clips
- Quick and easy installation
- Fastened into position with a double-sided foam tape
- Plastic wire clips – nylon
- Cable clip with strong self-adhesive pad
- Long-term cable management solution
- Lightweight, no installation tools needed
- Screw mount cable clamps
- Designed for fast installation and removal
- Snap-in cable clamp
- Low profile for limited-space applications
- Useful for running two parallel wires
- Easy insertion of cables and locked in place
- Cables can be removed for wiring replacements
Commonly used to manage and protection your cables in outdoor enclosure and cabinets, such as electrical box enclosures and fibre cabinets
Protect electrical equipment and enclosures from the effects of the environment, such as dust and moisture. A cable gland, also known as a cord grip, allows you to run wires out of a sealed environment, without exposing delicate systems to outside elements.
FEATURES: UL approved, EMI noise reduction
SPECIFICATION: Wide range of cable gland sizes and thread types.
- Provides dust and watertight entry for cable into enclosure
- Available in NPT, PG, and Metric Threads
- Made of nylon 6
- Available in metric and PG thread
- Protection level IP-68
Often used to keep cables inside white goods organised and protect them against abrasion.
Unprotected cables are susceptible to unwanted abrasion and impacts. Our conduits and wraps offer the protection you need, ensuring your cables deliver maximum performance. These guides can help you learn more: Guide to Spiral Wrap and The Differences Between Cable Conduit, Wrap, Sleeves and Tubing.
MATERIAL: Diverse material range and diameter and options – suitable for different applications
SPECIFICATION: Split and un-split versions, which allow either more protection or easy access to routed wires and cables
- Flexible plastic conduit for cables – nylon
- Supports plastic conduit and conduit accessories
- High impact strength and fatigue life
- Spiral cable wrap
- Ideal for protecting and securing cables
- Lightweight and cost effective
- Crush resistant, flexible and easy to install
- Crush-resistant cable wrap
- Tough, durable protection for cable looms
- Protects against damage and wear without restricting flexibility
- Easy to install with special tool
Commonly used to protect cables against damage and cuts caused by sharp edges.
Sharp edges can damage cables, cutting into their sheaths and insulation. Save on repair costs, while also making the area safe. A damaged cable can lead to electrical shocks or fire. Keep your cables protected with our wide range of solutions, from cable hole grommets to grommet strips.
MATERIAL: Grommets that meet high and low temperature requirements with PVC, TPE, EPDM and silicone options
SPECIFICATION: Low profile for applications where aesthetics matter
- Standard grommet protects wires passing through panels
- Also available as rubber cable grommet, and in other materials
- Quick fit grommets – snaps in
- IP67 sealing grommet provides dust and watertight seal
- Ideal for external applications
- Withstands vibrations
- Attach to edges of panels for easy access
- Routes cable and protects wires from sharp edges
- Flexible and can accept various diameters and shapes
IP ratings in Cable Management
The more you know, the smarter choices you can make with cable management solutions.
IP ratings (Ingress Protection) tell you the amount of protection that products provide. In the IP Rating table below, the first digit defines the protection against solid foreign objects, such as dust. The digits in the net column tell you the level of protection against liquids.
|IP RATING||SOLID PROTECTION||IP RATING||SOLID PROTECTION|
|1||Protected against a solid object greater than 50mm.||1||Protected against vertically falling drops of water. Limited ingress permitted.|
|2||Protected against a solid object greater than 12.5mm.||6||Protected against strong jets of water. Limited ingress permitted.|
|4||Protected against a solid object greater than 1mm.||7||Protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m.|
|6||Dust tight. Zero ingress of dust permitted.||8||Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure.|
Download free CADs and try before you buy
Free CADs are available for most solutions, which you can download for free. You can also request free samples to ensure the solutions you’ve chosen are exactly what you need. If you’re not quite sure which product will work best for your application, our experts are always happy to advise you.
Email us at email@example.com or speak to one of our experts for further information on the ideal solution for your application 0345 528 0474.