Essentra Components Increases Recycled Content within LDPE components to 98% as Part of a Two-Phase Project
(Aug, 2022) After successful phase one trials, Essentra Components has announced a number of products within its LDPE range are now manufactured almost entirely from recycled materials.
The selected products are made from 98% recycled plastic with the remaining 2% being made up of colourants. The selected product range consists of tapered caps and plugs, corner protectors, tube end plugs and tube end caps in what is described a significant step forward in sustainability and carbon reduction.
The products are part of a two-phase project that aims to increase as many of Essentra Components’ LDPE range from the current up to 50% composition to the new 98% composition. Phase two of the project is currently undergoing quality assurance testing and is expected to be released in the coming months.
The new milestone is the latest in a series of sustainability test success, with Essentra Components recently announcing its core LDPE range has seen its recycled material content increase from up to 40% to up to 50%. The new range is already available to customers and will be manufactured primarily in Essentra’s Kidlington factory in Oxford, UK.
Richard Sederman, Strategy and M&A Director at Essentra Components reiterated the importance of the achievement for the wider industry: “LDPE is one of the most widely used resins on the market, used to make everything from plastic bottles to plastic bags. However, these products are often readily disposable, creating a considerable volume of waste. Using recycled LDPE is a vital step towards circularity, helping the whole industry reduce its carbon footprint, and develop the materials of the future.”
Richard added: “By demonstrating that core products can be manufactured from 98% recycled material without any loss of performance, we hope the wider market continues its investment in the development of recycled materials and products.”
For further press information please contact:
+44 (0) 7542 375 236
Notes to Editors
About Essentra Components
Essentra Components, part of Essentra Plc, is a market-leading global manufacturer and distributor of essential industrial components. Established in 1955, the business operates in 29 countries worldwide, with 14 manufacturing facilities, 34 distribution centres and 40 sales and service locations. Its wide range of 45,000 products serves more than 82,000 customers across a variety of applications in industries including equipment manufacturing, industrial electronics, fabrication, automotive and construction. For further information, please visit, www.essentracomponents.com.
About Essentra Plc
Essentra Plc is a FTSE 250 company and a leading global provider of essential components and solutions. Organised into three global divisions, Essentra focuses on the light manufacture and distribution of high volume, enabling components which serve customers in a wide variety of end-markets and geographies. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Essentra's global network extends to 34 countries and includes 7,065 employees, 50 principal manufacturing facilities, 32 sales & distribution operations and 3 research & development centres. For further information, please visit www.essentraplc.com.