Making Cable Management Easier - The Buyer's Guide
8 minutes | 01 Apr 2020
Disorganized cables can clog up airflow, causing them to overheat. You also need to be careful of excessive tugging, pulling or bending of your cables. These are just some of the problems smart cable management can help you avoid.
We offer a wide selection of cable management solutions to cater to your specific requirements: heavy duty cable ties, plastic cable ties, cable tie mounts, slotted cable duct and flexible cable wrap. You can also learn more in our guides Five Top Tips for Choosing Cable Management Solutions and How to Protect Cables.
We’re flexible, here to advise you on the best solution for your application, whether it’s off-the-shelf or a design customized to suit your needs. To make sure you get exactly what you require, try before you buy with our free samples on request. Add fast dispatch, and we make the entire ordering process hassle free.
Perfect for data cabinets, control boxes, electronics, automotive, aerospace and security
Keep important cables grouped together and choose different colors to make each group easy to identify. Being organized reduces wear and tear, which prolongs cable life. Because your cables are organized you can save time and resources when carrying out maintenance and repairs.
Essentra Components offer a vast range of solutions, from twist ties and secure cable ties to the cable tie gun that will help you reduce installation time. You can also learn more in our Guide to Cable Ties.
FEATURES: Choose from standard, push-in, ball, releasable, double locking, hook and loop and metal ties
MATERIAL: Available in materials ranging from stainless steel to polypropylene, with varied heat and UV tolerances
SPECIFICATION: Select your length from a variety of options. Some of our products come in a range of colors. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know.
*Tensile strength is mainly defined by material and width of the product.
- Releasable beaded cable ties
- Designed for easy application and release
- Prevent slipping
- Also available in locking, and as push mount cable ties and screw mount cable ties
- Hook and loop cable ties
- Ideal for fragile cables
- Mate together easily – can be released and refastened
- Reusable cable ties
- Stainless steel cable ties
- Self-locking cable tie
- Strong and durable
- Resistant to extreme temperatures
- Cable tie belt with flexible design
- Quick release cable ties with easy-to-use mechanism
- Ideal for simple bundling of electrical wires
Clips and clamps
Perfect for data cabinets, electronics, white goods, junction boxes and automotive
Use cable clips, wire clips and cable clamps to route cables around your applications and keep the area organized during your manufacturing and assembly processes. This will ensure your project operates safely and as intended. Essentra offers a wide range of choices, from plastic cable clips and wire cable clamps to cable cleats and electrical wire clips. Find out more in our Guide to Choosing the Right Cable Clamps.
FEATURES: Diverse range of mounting options including adhesive base, push-in and screw-down options
SPECIFICATION: Different locking mechanisms and sizes tailored to the number and type of cables being routed
STYLES: Offering P-Clamps, Twist Ties, Wire Saddles and Flat Cable Clamps
- Adhesive wire clips
- Quick and easy installation
- Fastened into position with a double-sided foam tape
- Plastic wire clips – nylon
- Self-adhesive wire clips
- Long-term cable management solution
- Lightweight, no installation tools needed
- Screw mount cable clamps
- Designed for fast installation and removal
- Snap-in cable clamp
- Low profile for limited-space applications
- Useful for running two parallel wires
- Easy insertion of cables and locked in place
- Cables can be removed for wiring replacements
Perfect for outdoor enclosures
Protect electrical equipment and enclosures from the effects of the environment, such as dust and moisture. A cord grip, also known as a cable gland, allows you to run wires out of a sealed environment, without exposing delicate systems to outside elements.
FEATURES: UL approved, EMI noise reduction
SPECIFICATION: Wide range of thread sizes and types
- Provides dust and watertight entry for cable into enclosure
- Available in NPT, PG, and Metric Threads
- Right angle cord grip
- Provides right angle cable entry into enclosure
- Dust and watertight
- Cable strain relief
Conduits and wraps
Perfect for white goods
Unprotected cables are susceptible to unwanted abrasion and impacts. Our conduits and wraps offer the protection you need, ensuring your cables deliver maximum performance. These guides can help you learn more: Guide to Spiral Wrap and The Differences Between Cable Conduit, Wrap, Sleeves and Tubing.
TYPES: Braided, conduit, spiral wraps and slit wraps available
MATERIAL: Diverse material range and diameter and options – suitable for different applications
SPECIFICATION: Split and un-split versions, which allow either more protection or easy access to routed wires and cables
- Flexible plastic conduit for cables – nylon
- Supports plastic conduit and conduit accessories
- High impact strength and fatigue life
- Spiral cable wrap
- Ideal for protecting and securing cables
- Lightweight and cost effective
- Crush resistant, flexible and easy to install
- Crush-resistant cable wrap
- Tough, durable protection for cable looms
- Protects against damage and wear without restricting flexibility
- Easy to install with special tool
Perfect for sheet metal
Sharp edges can damage cables, cutting into their sheaths and insulation. Save on repair costs, while also making the area safe. A damaged cable can lead to electrical shocks or fire. Keep your cables protected with our wide range of solutions, from cable hole grommets to grommet strips.
FEATURES: Different types, including strips, membrane entry and diaphragm
MATERIAL: Grommets that meet high and low temperature requirements with PVC, TPE, EPDM and silicone options
SPECIFICATION: Low profile for applications where aesthetics matter
- Standard grommet protects wires passing through panels
- Also available as rubber cable grommet, and in other materials
- Quick fit grommets – snaps in
- IP67 sealing grommet provides dust and watertight seal
- Ideal for external applications
- Withstands vibrations
- Attach to edges of panels for easy access
- Routes cable and protects wires from sharp edges
- Flexible and can accept various diameters and shapes
Know your IP ratings
The more you know, the smarter choices you can make with cable management solutions.
Occasionally, you’ll see solutions with IP ratings (Ingress Protection). IP ratings are mostly used in Europe, but the standard is becoming more common here in the U.S. They’re similar to NEMA ratings and have two digits. The first one tells you the amount of protection products provide against the entry of solid foreign objects, such as dust. The second digit tells you the level of protection against liquids.
|IP RATING||SOLID PROTECTION||IP RATING||SOLID PROTECTION|
|1||Protected against a solid object greater than 50mm.||1||Protected against vertically falling drops of water. Limited ingress permitted.|
|2||Protected against a solid object greater than 12.5mm.||6||Protected against strong jets of water. Limited ingress permitted.|
|4||Protected against a solid object greater than 1mm.||7||Protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m.|
|6||Dust tight. Zero ingress of dust permitted.||8||Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure.|
Download free CADs and try before you buy
Free CADs are available for most solutions, which you can download for free. You can also request free samples to ensure the solutions you’ve chosen are exactly what you need. If you’re not quite sure which product will work best for your application, our experts are always happy to advise you.
Request your free samples or download free CADs now.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of our experts for further information on the ideal solution for your application 800-847-0486.